Monday, August 30, 2010

Defying Gravity!

This is one of my FAVORITE songs! I think it is beautiful as well as it makes me feel like I can do anything I put my mind to! When I hear this song I want to sing it at the top of my lungs! Last year I had the opportunity to go see "Wicked" with one of my friends when it came to town and this year it is coming back again. I will definitely go see it for the second time! I am posting the lyrics because they are wonderful and so powerful! I am also posting a pic of me in front of the sign from last year! I had so much fun!



Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!

It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down

I'm through accepting limits!
''cause someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But till I try, I'll never know!
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost!

I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down:
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!

2 comments:

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

I've been watching Season One of Glee and this song is on there. I really like it too. I've never seen Wicked, but I've heard it's amazing - maybe one day. Thanks for sharing the words to the song. They are very inspiring.

Ruthie said...

Thanks Kathy! Yes I am BIG fan of Glee too...my sister got me watching it from the beginning! I think Rachel and Kurt do a really good job on that song! I have the soundtrack from Glee and absolutely love it! You should definitely see Wicked if you get the chance, it is wonderful! The original Elphaba (Idina Menzel) from the broadway version of Wicked is on Glee which you will see later on in the show! :)