Monday, September 27, 2010

Dirt Dessert

Hello blog friends! I went to see some friends this weekend and I wanted to take a delicious and simple dessert...so, of course, I immediately thought of Dirt Dessert! They have 3 kiddos so I figured this would be perfect for the young and young at heart! I wanted to share it with you all... so here are the ingredients:



1 (16-oz) pkg. Oreo cookies, crushed
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 (16-oz.) pkg powdered sugar
1 (16-oz.) pkg. cool whip
1 (6-3/4-oz.) pkg. chocolate instant pudding
3 c. milk




Reserve 1 cup of Oreo crumbs. To the rest of the crumbs add the melted butter and mix. Press into bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Freeze for 15 minutes. With a mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar. Fold in 1/2 of the Cool Whip and spread over the crumb crust. Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Mix pudding with the milk; let thicken a few minutes. Pour over the cream cheese layer. Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the pudding followed by the reserved crumbs. Refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving.











For an extra treat for the kiddos...just add gummy worms!



Enjoy!



-Ruthie


All Thingz Related


2 comments:

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

Oh my, this sounds delicious!! What a great dessert idea!! (And I love the name too!)

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

YUM!