Monday, October 11, 2010

Halloween Pedestal

While I was out shopping at a local Salvation Army store the other day, I saw this adorable wooden pedestal, and fell in love with it SOOO...I HAD to buy it! I really didn't like the brown wood color that it had, so I decided to give it a nice black paint job! I thought it would match with my Halloween decor if it was black! Here is what it looked like before:






Here is what it looked like after I gave it a smooth black coat of spray paint... and, of course, I aged it up a little bit too!





I added a skull I found at my local dollar store, some faux cobwebs, and a few spiders to give it a realistic effect...




Now I am already for Halloween! I have a few more other decorations that I want to share with you but I'll save it for another day! Thanks for looking! Have a great day!


-Ruthie


All Thingz Related


Photobucket








Hump Day link

NightOwlCrafting


4 comments:

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

What a great find. Love what you did with it.

The Answer Is Chocolate said...

That is an awesome find! I also came over about my link party...it's not until Friday 10/15 so the link will be up then. PLEASE come link this up :) Along with anything else you'd like.

Sassy Sites! said...

Great job on the transformation! Thanks for linking up to Sassy Sites for our Trash to Treasure Tuesday! Hopefully we can see you again next Tuesday! xoxo

-Marni @ Sassy Sites!

Nikki said...

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that! And seriously, your background is KILLER! Thanks so much for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day :)