Saturday, October 23, 2010

~Taco Soup~

Happy Fall everyone! A couple ladies on here asked me if I would share my Mom's Taco Soup recipe so here it is! It is a warm and hearty meal to eat during the Fall and those cold winter months!





~Taco Soup~

1-1/2 lb Ground Beef
1/2 cup onion, chopped
28 oz. can tomatoes with juice
14 oz. can kidney beans
8 oz. can tomato sauce
7 oz. can corn, undrained
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 to 2 cups water
Salt & pepper to taste
1 cup cheddar cheese
Fritos



Brown beef, drain, add onions & taco seasoning. Cook until onions are tender.
Add all ingredients except cheese and Fritos. Simmer 15 minutes. Enjoy!



{I usually don't add the onions because the hubby and I don't really like them so I leave those out. We really don't miss them in the soup! We also love to add some sour cream as well!}


We love to make this on Halloween and eat this while handing out candy or during Football season the hubby likes to watch his football games and eat a big bowl of this warm and tasty soup! I hope everyone gives it a try! It has the consistency of chili...it is soo good!


Have a GREAT weekend!




-Ruthie

4 comments:

Beth Eaton said...

Taco soup is one of my favs!

Happy Homemaker UK | Laura said...

As a fellow Oklahoman (now living in England), I love tacos, taco soup, & taco salad! Missing my yummy Mexican restaurants. Thank you for reminding me to make this fail-proof dish next week :)

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

I made this recipe last week. I love just opening cans and dumping. I use shredded chicken since the hubby doesn't do hamburger though. Thanks for sharing. We top ours with tomatoes, shredded cheese and sour cream.

Jenn said...

Yummy!!! Thanks for posting it!