Sunday, November 7, 2010

November-National Adoption Awareness Month!

Hello fellow bloggers! I just read that November is National Adoption Awareness Month!

"Each year, November is recognized as National Adoption Awareness Month. While all adoption-related issues are important, the particular focus of this month is the adoption of children currently in foster care."

"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"

On a personal note, I can say that I was adopted by my parents at a young age of 2yrs old. I was adopted along with 2 of my 4 sisters and have been blessed with wonderful parents who have given me and my sisters a great life! We were put in the foster care system and stayed there for several years until my parents adopted us. (My other 2 sisters were adopted by other families) I can honestly say I don't know where I would be if we weren't adopted by such wonderful people! They gave us a life that I could never imagine and I wish that every child in the foster care system could have a chance at a wonderful life like my sisters and I have had! I have a lot of respect for adoptive parents because a lot of children come from such difficult backgrounds and yet they look past that and love these children as their own! My BFF since childhood has a beautiful little girl that she adopted 5 yrs ago from India...it was a long process but she eventually was able to hold her beautiful daughter in her arms! Her little girl has grown into a wonderful little person and is full of life! Adoption is such a wonderful thing and I hope that many children are able to have GREAT lives because of it! I am soo thankful for the opportunities that I have had and the life I have because of it! I couldn't be more blessed!


I hope everyone has a GREAT week!



-Ruthie

No comments: