Friday, January 21, 2011

~Be Mine Frame~

Happy Friday! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! We have had quite a bit of snow lately and it seems to be lingering around for a bit! I recently got laid off from my job so luckily I don't have to drive in all the ice and snow. I have been trying to work on some projects while I am at home and I wanted to show everyone this adorable picture frame I made today! I found this adorable frame with a heart cut out at Michaels for $1.00! I found this cute vintage Valentine's paper at Hobby Lobby! For embellishments, I added a flower, some ribbon, and some scrapbook letters for some fun! I also took a crochet doily that I found at the Dollar Tree and cut around the edges and glued it around the heart on the frame. I just love how it turned out! I wanted it to be vintage and "old school" and I think it is just that! I added an funny Valentine's Day pic that my hubby and I took a couple years ago LOL








Don't you just love Valentine's Day decor? I do!! :) I hope everyone has a wonderful and warm weekend!


-Ruthie



A Little Knick Knack










Photobucket

deck the halls

4 comments:

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Looks great. Love the added texture with the doilie!! I've been wanting to make some cute $1 frames too.

Meg said...

Oh, it's so cute. I love it! We have some cold weather here, too... -14!

MaryBerry Boutique said...

Im sorry to hear you lost your job:( This is a really cute "old school" frame!:) If you want to enter for the giveaway i fixed it on my blog:) click on the BIG giveaway...i sometimes forget to add the link dang it:(
XoXo, Mary

Angie said...

Too cute! I need to make some V. Day stuff too. Thanks for the inspiration!