Sunday, February 20, 2011

Toad in a Hole?

For my birthday last year, my brother gave me a copy of The Pioneer Woman's (Ree Drummond's) cookbook! It is pretty cool because she lives in Oklahoma and that is where I live! My friend Stephanie and I decided we were going to prepare recipes out of the cookbook once a week. This weekend we tried out our 1st recipe! We decided to make Egg-in-a-hole since we had those ingredients on hand! They were soo good! I wasn't sure how they were going to taste but they were soo tasty!


Here is a pic of one we made!




I've heard there are alot of names for this recipe and here are few a few of them:

Egg-in-a-Basket
Chicken-in-a-Basket (flawed logic, but just wait for the next one)
Frog-in-a-Hole (what gives here? Frog? It’s an egg, sirs.)
Toad-in-a-Hole (ever hear of warts?)
Egg Basket
Bird’s Nest Egg
Toad Hole
Egg Hole
Pop Eyes
Egg Toast
Private Eyes
Bird’s Nest Egg-in-a-Hole Basket Toad Chicken Frog




Wow! I didn't know a recipe could have soo many names! LOL I can't wait to try our next recipe! I'll let you know how it goes! :)




Have a great week!


-Ruthie

1 comment:

MaryBerry Boutique said...

I just gave you an award on my blog:) Go check it out:)