Tuesday, June 21, 2011

~Grand 'Ole Flag~

Hello friends! I have really enjoyed looking at all the festive 4th of July decor that is out there in blogland right now! It is one of my favorite holidays and I love decorating my house with the patriotic colors! I just wanted to share a project that my BFF and I made many moons ago that I just absolutely LOVE!




What you need:

Blue fabric
Red fabric
White fabric
Clear buttons
White buttons
cardboard
Picture frame (we used a blue colored frame)

Directions:

1. Cut cardboard into a piece that will fit into your picture frame
2. Cut blue fabric into a 4x4 inch square
3. Cut red fabric and white fabric into 1" to 2" strips
4. Lay out the strips into a pattern that you like starting with a red strip
{2 red strips and 1 white strip need to be cut to 6" in length (those will go beside the blue square fabric) the rest of the strips need to be 10" in length}
5. Sew your clear and white buttons onto your blue fabric square to make "stars"
6. Glue your blue fabric and all your red and white strips onto your cardboard


There ya go...Easy peasy! A fun and festive 4th of July project that you will enjoy for years to come!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a lovely day!



-Ruthie


Pink Hippo Party




Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy

1 comment:

Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy said...

So cute! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/06/tuesday-confessional-link-party.html. I hope to see you soon!
~Macy