Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Skyscrapers anyone?

Hello friends! This week I am a Head Teacher in a Pre-K class at Vacation Bible School at my parents church! The theme is "Big Apple Adventure" (New York)! One of the ideas to decorate our classrooms with is a skyline made out of cardboard boxes...SOOO...ME BEING THE CREATIVE PERSON (LOL), I called up one of my good friends and asked if he could get me some boxes I could use for this project! He was able to find some really good boxes I could use and they were just perfect for my project! They were the right shape and sizes that I needed! I painted those suckers up and with the help of my WONDERFUL HUBBY :) we cut out a bunch of white squares {out of paper} for the windows! We added a couple roofs to a couple of the buildings and we were good to go! They work out perfectly in my room and give it a big "New York City" feel to it!






I am so pleased with how they turned out! I have a friend who is currently redecorating her twin sons bedroom in a "Super Hero" theme and asked if she could take them {after I am done using them} to put in their bedroom! I think they will look adorable in their room! I am so glad that they are going to be reused instead of getting thrown away! It gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling! :)

Well, that is all folks! Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful evening!

-Ruthie

No comments: