Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pecan Pie Anyone?

Hello friends! Happy Thanksgiving! Since Thanksgiving is today, I thought I would post my FIRST EVER pecan pie to make! Let me make this clear, in all my 32 years, this was my first one!! CRAZY I KNOW! LOL :) If I can do it...ANYONE CAN!


I am posting the recipe in case anyone wants to try it! It is easy peasy!


Ingredients:
‎9 inch unbaked pie crust
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1 heaping cup of pecan halves
1/3 tsp. salt

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, salt, and vanilla. Mix well. Pour filling into unbaked pie crust; sprinkle with pecan halves. Cover outer rim of pie crust with foil to prevent over browning. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until center is set. (toothpick inserted in center will come out clean when pie is done.) Cool. Enjoy!



I can't wait to dig into this bad boy! I just love pecan pie, don't you? Well, I hope each and every one of you have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving and get to spend time with loved ones! Don't eat too much! ;)

Love,
Ruthie

No comments: