Monday, August 13, 2012

~Jute Pen/Pencil holder & door hanger~

So I already showed you one of the crafts that my friend Angie and I did last weekend. Well, here is my 2nd project to make...I made a jute pen/pencil holder and a jute initial door hanger! They were super simple to make and ADORABLE too!


To make the pen/pencil holder, we just used a tin can like you would get from a can of vegetables or soup, wash it out, and then start gluing the jute to the can. It just takes a few minutes and it looks so cute! To embellish it, I just bought some cute fabric flowers from Hobby Lobby and used a brown colored ink pad to age up the edges of the flowers, then I hot glued them onto the can!

To make the jute initial door hanger, I did the same thing...I just started wrapping the jute around the letter, stopping every so often to hot glue the jute to the letter (just to make it secure). Super easy projects that look
very chic! I think they will look so adorable in my house! I can't wait to start using them! :)

Well, thanks for stopping by! I hope everyone has a BLESSED week!

Love,
Ruthie









Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

No comments: